Thursday, January 22, 2009

a little about me.

welcome! over the course of this semester, i will be posting a multitude of things related to my senior design project: ideas, pictures, drawings, finish selections, questions, etc. between my peers, professors, and mentors, it will be a great way to get some feedback and hopefully make this loooong semester a little easier! i would love any ideas or advice that anyone has to give.


my design past and future. a few of my past projects have included: a children’s retail store, a timeshare in the theater district of nyc, an art gallery, a snowball stand in new orleans, and a dental office. i have yet to do a project that would be considered an “entertainment project”, but each one i have done has been influenced by my interest in that field. i would like to go this route after i graduate, and it would be great to have relevant project in my portfolio. one day i would love to become a set designer, and i think entertainment will be a nice segway into that.


my philosophy. a successful design is one that sparks someone’s interest, incites emotion, and makes them just wish they would have thought of what you have designed. my design style is filled with glimpses of playfulness, while still being timeless and elegant. i believe that all designs must have reminiscent qualities of the past, but still be in anticipation of the future. beauty and function are at upmost importance in my designs.



i wanted to include my resume in this post to give a feel of my experience.

click on the image below to see larger.



No comments:

Post a Comment